Monday, October 10, 2011

Another Baking Weekend

This past weekend was another successful weekend of baking. Cookies, muffins and bread keep me standing in the kitchen for 3-4 hours, but the end result is more than worth it! Last weekend it was bread, multi-berry muffins, oatmeal scotchies and chocolate chip cookies. This weekend it was bread, chocolate chip muffins and oatmeal raisin cookies.

As I've mentioned before, we are a family on-the-go, so we need quick out-the-door breakfasts. The muffins are perfect, and we can change it up weekly depending on what fruit is on sale, or just use chocolate chips for a treat, like I did this week.

Lunches consist of organic milk boxes for Michael, Almond Milk for Marcus (he's lactose intolerant) and water for me, a piece of fruit, a sandwich and cookies. For the sandwiches, I make the bread, and we use Hormel Natural Choice meat, because it is nitrate/nitrite free. Cheese goes on Michael's and my sandwich. We like provolone or swiss cheese. The hubby usually takes the dinner leftovers, or he enjoys a salad.

Dinners have a bit more of a challenge since we're always on-the-go, and last week our house was a construction zone and without a kitchen (redoing the floors after a flood). Monday night ended up being sandwiches. Tuesday we ate at the ball field. Wednesday, I took my crockpot over to my mothers and made a pot roast with potatoes. Thursday and Friday I still didn't have a kitchen, so these days were grab and go too. We'll have to see how dinners are this week! I will also post our recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment