Friday, May 18, 2012

The Magical Fruit - Beans

I can bake and cook a lot of things, but beans has never been one of them.  Thanks to my WONDERFUL neighbor, Angie, I now know how to prepare beans.  Her recipe, below, was a big hit...

2 bags of beans (or a couple cans)
1 onion, chopped
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
1 can tomato sauce (or make your own - I use Roma tomatoes to make my own)
1 bunch cilantro
Water

Brown the chopped onion and garlic.  Remove from heat and put in blender with Cilantro.  Blend until smooth.  Place blended mixture, tomato sauce and beans in crockpot and add just enough water to cover.  Cook on low heat for 8 - 9 hours.

I made this, froze what I thought I wasn't going to use this week and had to go get more out!  My boys ate them up after I informed them that beans make them fart.  They think farting is was the best thing ever, so they kept asking for more!  Gotta love boys - well, at least I do, because I have 4 of them now, sigh! ;) 

Things to take from this week - neighbors and friends are always a great source of information and if you inform your young male children their vegetables will make them fart, they will eat them!  LOL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment